As of June 10, 2020, the Dimmit Central Appraisal District will open its doors to the Public
In an effort, to keep everyone as healthy as possible, please adhere to the following guidelines that have been established.
- If you are experiencing fever or respiratory symptoms such as cough, sore throat or difficulty breathing or have been out of the country, please do not enter the building.
- A mask is required to enter the building.
- Please maintain as much social distance as possible between you and another.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for use.
- In order to keep the amount of people to a minimum, only 3 people at a time will be allowed to enter. If there is a waiting time you will be asked to sign in and wait in your vehicle. You will be called when the next spot is available.
***The Dimmit Central Appraisal District is still strongly encouraging Taxpayers and the public to communicate with us by telephone, email, fax, the postal service or the website whenever possible.
A Drop Box is available outside the office for any documents that need to be dropped off.
Mailing Address: 203 W Houston St, Carrizo Springs, Texas 78834
Phone: (830) 876-3420
Fax: (830) 876-5137
Welcome to Dimmit Central Appraisal District!
“Our mission is to courteously and efficiently serve the property owners and taxing units of Dimmit County by timely producing an accurate, complete, and equitable appraisal roll.
We expect excellence in the services we provide, and recognize that excellence is achieved through individual and team effort on the part of well-trained, motivated personnel. Accordingly, we are committed to creating and maintaining a work environment that provides and supports innovation and change as essential to effective performance in a constantly changing society.”
Within this site you will find general information about the District and the ad valorem property tax system in Texas, as well as information regarding specific properties within the district.
Dimmit Appraisal District is responsible for appraising all real and business personal property within Dimmit County. The district appraises property according to the Texas Property Tax Code and the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practices (USPAP).
Carrizo Springs, TX 78834-3216
8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.