Our office is open to the public but has established the following guidelines to ensure a safe working environment for the staff and public we serve due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- If you are experiencing fever or respiratory symptoms such as cough, sore throat or difficulty breathing or have been out of the country, please do not enter the building.
- A mask is required to enter the building.
- Temperature checking is required before entering the building
- It is important to maintain as much social distance as possible between you and another.
- Use Hand sanitizer placed at entrance of building before entering.
***The Dimmit Central Appraisal District is still strongly encouraging Taxpayers and the public, that whenever possible, to please communicate with us by telephone, email, fax, the postal service, or search the website for any information that is available.
A Drop Box is available outside the office for any documents that need to be dropped off.
Mailing Address: 203 W Houston St, Carrizo Springs, Texas 78834
Phone: (830) 876-3420
Fax: (830) 876-5137
Welcome to Dimmit Central Appraisal District!
“Our mission is to courteously and efficiently serve the property owners and taxing units of Dimmit County by timely producing an accurate, complete, and equitable appraisal roll.
We expect excellence in the services we provide, and recognize that excellence is achieved through individual and team effort on the part of well-trained, motivated personnel. Accordingly, we are committed to creating and maintaining a work environment that provides and supports innovation and change as essential to effective performance in a constantly changing society.”
Within this site you will find general information about the District and the ad valorem property tax system in Texas, as well as information regarding specific properties within the district.
Dimmit Appraisal District is responsible for appraising all real and business personal property within Dimmit County. The district appraises property according to the Texas Property Tax Code and the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practices (USPAP).
Our Office will be closed in observance of
- January 18 – Martin Luther King, JR. Day
- April 2 and 5 – Good Friday, Easter Holiday
- May 31 – Memorial Day
- July 2 and 5 – Independence Day
- September 6 – Labor Day
- November 11 – Veteran’s Day
- November 24-26 – Thanksgiving Holiday
- December 23-24 – Christmas Holiday
- December 31 – New Year’s Day Holiday
Carrizo Springs, TX 78834-3216
8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.